Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are less than a week away from the Unity Summit and Connectional Board and we are excited! There are a few key items you should be aware of as you prepare to travel to New Orleans.
1. The hotel is a cashless hotel. You may charge to your room, or pay with a debit/credit or gift card.
2. The hotel offers 24-hour room service - 601 Delivery features seven exclusive virtual menus for you to enjoy.
3. On-site restaurant hours are specific and limited. Below is the restaurant listing:
8 Block - Buffet gourmet breakfast and lunch dishes featuring a delicious fusion of farm-to-table and traditional cuisine.
Vitascope Hall - Louisiana seafood, an exceptional raw bar and stunning sushi.
Starbucks - Starbucks® has coffee, tea, pastries and sandwiches.
4. Restaurants in the close vicinity of the hotel include:
Chick-Fil-A – Chicken sandwiches, waffle potato fries, salads and shakes.
Maypop - Contemporary eatery serving Southern-Asian fusion including handmade pasta & house-cured meats.
Catty Car Corner – American dining, Dine-in, Takeout and No-contact delivery.
Johnny Sánchez - Inventive Mexican eats in a chic venue.
Barrows Catfish - Brick-lined venue serving hearty Southern fare including fried catfish, seafood plates & sandwiches.
5. Registration Schedule for General Connectional Board Members:
Thursday, August 24, from 9 am to 12 pm.
Please review the special message below from Bishop Marvin F. Thomas, Sr., the Chair of the Unity Summit Committee, regarding COVID protocols. All persons attending the Unity Summit are advised to wear masks at all times during the Unity Summit.
We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans! May God grant you traveling mercies.
Dr. Pene’ Woods
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO),
Christian Methodist Episcopal Church